|POSITION TITLE||Outreach Volunteer|
|TEAM||Membership and Growth|
|MANAGER||Activism Coordinator: Organizing|
|KEY RELATIONSHIPS||Activism Coordinator: Mobilizing; Media and Digital Content Team, Membership and Growth Intern|
|HOURS||6 hours per week (flexible times)|
|TENURE||Minimum 3 months|
|APPLICATIONS CLOSE||Rolling Application|
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing volunteer programme at Amnesty International South Africa (AISA). As an outreach volunteer, you are responsible for working in communities around the implementation of AISA campaigns and empowering communities to act for human rights.
The primary objective of the Outreach Volunteer Outreach is to inspire new supporters to engage with Amnesty International, as well as inspire greater commitment with current members and supporters, leading to an unstoppable movement of human rights defenders.
- Empower communities to take action for human rights
- Expand and strengthen campaigning through outreach and mentoring
- Reach out to new individuals who would like to become AISA members/supporters/volunteers
- Participate in discussions, workshops, seminars and other events with communities about the value of campaigning for human rights.
What You’ll Need:
- An interest or background in activism/outreach/education
- Passion for human rights
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well with people of all ages
Duration and Time Commitment:
- This volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with a minimum of 3 hour a week (this can vary according to demand e.g. deadlines).
What you’ll Get:
- Provide a comprehensive induction to the role.
- Provide ongoing training opportunities
- Provide you with campaign materials
- Opportunities to cultivate leadership though campaigns and outreach activities.
- Opportunities to work alongside AISA Staff, activist’s groups and networks.
Please submit your expression of interest and curriculum vitae to Rejoyce at email@example.com.
Please indicate the title of the volunteer position being applied for in all correspondence.
Amnesty International South Africa will invite short-listed applicants to an interview.
No further correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applications.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and no remuneration will be provided.