This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing volunteer program at Amnesty International South Africa (AISA). As a Volunteer Graphic Designer, you are responsible for creating, developing and editing graphics to be used by the team on its communication products and promotional material on its digital platforms and in print.
The primary objective of the Volunteer Graphic Designer is to inspire new supporters to engage with Amnesty International, as well as inspire greater commitment with current members and supporters, leading to an unstoppable movement of human rights defenders.
- Create engaging graphics for posts on social media and AISA’s digital channels
- Work with the Membership and Growth team to develop promotional materials for their events.
What You’ll Need
- Experience in graphic design
- Familiarity with current design programs (including Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience editing text
- Willingness to respond to direction from staff and volunteers
- Ability to use initiative when required
- Be driven, self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple writing assignments, when required.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
Duration and Time Commitment
- This volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with a minimum of 3 hours a week (this can vary according to demand e.g. deadlines).
What you’ll Get
- Develop and improve strategic planning skills
- Develop abilities to create meaningful materials within organisational framework and guidelines
- Knowledge of how an international/national organization is structured and managed.
- Increased awareness of human rights and global issues.