This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing volunteer programme at Amnesty International South Africa (AISA). As a volunteer human rights educator, you are responsible for working with schools around the implementation of human rights education and empowering young people in their human rights activism.
The primary objective of the Volunteer Human Rights Educator is to inspire new supporters to engage with Amnesty International, as well as inspire greater commitment with current members and supporters, leading to an unstoppable movement of human rights defenders.
- Empower young people in their activism
- Expand and strengthen our human rights education network through outreach and Mentoring
- Reach out to new schools to establish school groups
- Reinvigorate existing school groups; and
- Strengthen relationships with active school groups.
- Lead discussions, workshops, seminars and other events with students about the value of advocacy in protecting human rights.
What You’ll Need
- An interest or background in education
- Passion for human rights
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well with people of all ages
Duration and Time Commitment
- This volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with a minimum of 3 hour a week (this can vary according to demand e.g. deadlines).
What you’ll Get
- Provide a comprehensive induction to the role.
- Provide ongoing training opportunities
- Provide you with campaign materials
- Opportunities to work alongside AISA Staff, activist’s groups and networks.