This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing volunteer programme at Amnesty International South Africa (AISA). As a volunteer direct dialogue canvasser, you are responsible for recruiting new members and supporters into the movement through face to face interactions on the street, in malls and various public spaces.
The primary objective of the Volunteer Direct Dialogue Canvasser is to inspire new supporters to engage with Amnesty International, as well as inspire greater commitment with current members and supporters, leading to an unstoppable movement of human rights defenders.
- Engage potential members and supporters one-on-one, face-to-face on the streets, spreading the Amnesty International message
- Empower members and supporters to take action and make a positive change with Amnesty International through your interaction
What You’ll Need
- Knowledge, understanding and passion for human rights
- To be able to build and manage relationships
- To be comfortable addressing people and starting conversations
- Teambuilding skills
- Time management skills
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Identification with Amnesty International goals and supportive of Amnesty International values
Commitment to achieving Amnesty International goals
Duration and Time Commitment
- This volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with a minimum of 3 hour a week (this can vary according to demand e.g. deadlines).
What you’ll Get
- Develop and improve communication and organisational skills
- Develop abilities to create meaningful materials within organizational framework and guidelines
- Knowledge of how an international / national organization is structured and managed
- Increased awareness of human rights and global issues
Download the document below for more information on the volunteer position.