This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing volunteer programme at Amnesty International South Africa (AISA). As a volunteer administrative assistant, you provide support to the Membership and Growth team in organising and mobilising.
The primary objective of the Volunteer Administrative Assistant is to support the work of recruiting new supporters to engage with Amnesty International, as well as inspire greater commitment with current members and supporters, leading to an unstoppable movement of human rights defenders.
- Reception services – customer service, email, answering phones, mail and courier management
- Data entry and other day-to- day administrative tasks in the office
What You’ll Need
- Knowledge, understanding and passion for human rights
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Duration and Time Commitment
- This volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 3 months with a minimum of 3 hour a week (this can vary according to demand e.g. deadlines).
What you’ll Get
- Refine organisational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- Practical and relevant experience working in the national office of a large international human rights organization
- Increased understanding of international human rights issues and campaigns
Download the document below for more information on the volunteer position.